Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment. Assists in repairs of Distributed Controls Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). Performs maintenance per established written procedures. Uses drawings, equipment manuals, procedures and proper tools to troubleshoot and repair equipment. Documents work performed in test forms and condition reports, marks up drawings for as-built revision by drafting based upon field inspection.
- Participates in facility safety programs, and adheres to site policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots electrical components/systems and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts.
- Understands and utilizes Management of Change (MOC) and Control and Defeat procedures.
- Performs mechanical procedures while documenting and maintaining accurate information.
- Troubleshoots motor controls.
- Read schematics and logic diagrams.
- Operates test equipment to include multi-meters, meggers, rotation tester, and high potential testers.
- Review the shift Superintendent report and discuss/assist with significant issues.
- Interprets blueprints, loop drawings, and electrical schematics.
- Upload and download field data.
- Conduct periodic walk about rounds to observe refinery general conditions.
- Work with planners when parts specifications are needed.
- Identifies and uses a variety of hand and power tools.
- Work on updating electrical procedures.
- Operates motorized vehicles, including equipment such as forklifts, man lifts, scooters, and trucks.
- Performs all job related duties as assigned.
- 10+ years' experience with a background as a Field Electrician.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Must have experience working direct with an Owner/Operator.
- Required experience with MCC, Switchgears, Low and Medium Voltage.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.