The Measurement Technician is responsible for measurement programs to ensure the integrity and accuracy of oil measurement and that the frequency, sampling methodology, reporting and documentation are performed in accordance with State and Federal regulations. Job Responsibilities
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Responsible for inspection, disassembly, repair, machining, reassembly of cylinder assembly, heads, and engine/compressor components.
- Responsible for operating impact wrenches, grinders, ovens and overhead cranes and forklifts
- Responsible for parts procurement and warehouse activities
- Responsible for completion of work and failure reports
- Responsible for reading and understanding drawings and specifications
- Responsible for using micrometers and calipers
- Responsible for machine setup and operation to obtain close tolerances and alignment of machined parts
- Minimum of 1-3 year(s) of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driverâ€™s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Execute all maintenance activities related to plant maintenance and operation
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Formal mechanical training at technical institute or 2-5 yearsâ€™ experience.
- 2-5 years of gas engine and compressor maintenance experience
- OQ testing knowledge
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.