The Data & Analytics team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges and makes oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics. The Data Engineers work with the D&A product teams to create state-of-the-art solutions, working across BH to drive business analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologiesEssential Responsibilities:
- As part of Data & Analytics Platform Team, understand requirements through discussions with business stakeholders and users across the globe & translate them into data requirements.
- Perform source data mapping and modelling aligned with the D&A platform strategy, Perform integration of multiple data source-formats into master data load for on-premise or cloud Platforms
- Perform a variety of data transformations to support BI and analytics initiatives Develop dashboards on Tableau & other reporting tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM)
- A minimum of 4 years of Database/Data Warehouse, SQL (Oracle, Greenplum, Hive Redshift etc.) experience is required
- A minimum of 2 years of TALEND Administration support, Development experience is required
- Experience on new D&A application development and existing application optimization is required (data source identification, mapping, ingestion, modelling and transformation for analytical consumption purposes)
- AWS Solution Architect Associate - Preferred
- Managing / Administration of TALEND Ingestion framework
- Exposure to Scripting (Python, R, Scala etc.) experience
- Exposure to AWS native database technologies and databases
- Exposure to Tableau, Qlik, Sisense and other visualization technologies
- Translates analytics problems into data requirements.
- Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling.
- Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
- Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
- Distills information down to key points.
- Expresses the information clearly and concisely. Projects knowledge of relevant data.
- Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
- Asks follow-up questions when presented with new data/projects. Sees the broader implications of an idea.
- Presents new ideas and concepts. Makes connections among previously unrelated ideas.
- Deep passion for learning.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more