Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: 120-130K annual based on exp
Location: Geismar, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Mechanical Engineer - Geismar
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer who will be a member of the Engineering Services team at Geismar. The successful candidate will be a member of a multi-discipline team and provide collaborative engineering support to the projects within the Geismar portfolio. The portfolio supports the growth, reliability, maintainability, and operability of the manufacturing facility. The success of the team is measured by the ability of the project team to meet project objectives, quality of work including schedule and cost management.
The total installed cost of projects ranges from $100K to ~ $15M, with most in the $500k to $1.5M range requiring multi-discipline support. The incumbent will work closely with Engineering firms ensuring a quality construction package is delivered to the construction team on time. Field support for the construction process is an important element of project success. Use of 3d modeling has become an important technology for Geismar projects.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure projects meet the mechanical and piping design requirements for successful implementation through problem-solving and troubleshooting of process equipment as well as specifying and preparation of new equipment requirements
- Provide support to the project in the areas of Responsible Care Standards, HAZOP reviews, compliance with environmental commitments, compliance to Loss Prevention Standards, and unit reviews
- Support and participate in project teams in the disciplined application of the Project Development and Implementation (PD&I) process throughout project lifecycle: investigation, development, implementation, validation, and commercial operation
- Provide support to the business case definition
- Site champion for Client Corporate Engineering Standards
- Develop project front end and design base memorandums
- Lead P&ID development and sign off these documents
- Liaise with EP firm during the execution of projects
- In conjunction with other members of the technical team, you will develop, input to and maintain technical work processes
- May involve some co-ordination of other mechanical engineering or design resources, students, new grads or contractors
The incumbent will be a member of a high performing / self-managing team executing key business-focused projects for the Geismar manufacturing facility.
The successful candidate will have a B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years' experience, preferably with a minimum of four years of mechanical engineering experience. Active PE license is a plus, but not required.
- Applied knowledge of heat exchanger design, pressure envelope design and a working knowledge of ASME/ANSI/API codes would be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and manage your own workload with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects and tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to contribute and be viewed as an informal leader within the team is necessary
- Ability to challenge their peers to ensure the highest level of performance/quality from the team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with Operations, Maintenance, and Technical teams
- Ability to offer practical solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrated strong willingness to take initiative
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills