Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Member of Singapore Country Tax team.
- Provide concise, accurate and timely end to end direct tax advice on projects in Singapore.
- Interact with Global and Regional teams in order to provide advice on cross-border issues and projects that will often have tens of millions of dollars of net income or cash effect on the outcome of the transactions.
- Manage transfer pricing issues, working closely with the Global Transfer Pricing team and finance operations on transfer pricing advisory and documentation matters.
- Conduct training and internal workshops to raise tax awareness.
- Function as a focal point for tax reporting matters, managing the interface with finance operations and closely monitoring and improving tax reporting processes in line with legislation and group requirements.
- •Manage tax assessments and queries by the tax authorities.
- Establish and maintain good working relations with relevant government /tax authorities.
- Work on other matters assigned where value and priorities dictate.
- Role operates at senior levels in the Businesses and Functions.
- Managing the simultaneous demands of competing business clients, recognizing the complexities of each different area of operation.
- Complex business environment and stakeholder engagements.
- Expected to contribute to material projects of strategic importance, often working against deadlines.
- Project based function - expected to manage peaks in workflow.
- Ensuring the proper tax reporting of business transactions so that the expected results and benefits are claimed, and then providing audit and defense support so that those benefits are retained.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We're looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
- More than 10 years of experience in corporate taxation in a professional accounting firm and/or MNC.
- Recognized professional qualification and member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body.
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues; both written and oral.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills.
- Good network within the Singapore tax community.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations.
- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions.
- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with commercial objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical and technically appropriate.
- Effective team player
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video