An opening Materials Management Specialist in Shenzhen, China. The position will support the Materials Management Division.Essential Responsibilities
- Responsible for material planning and inventory metrics across a service segment.
- Monitor the results of changes to the inventory plan/forecast and recommend modifications.
- Plan for prevention of excess inventory and stock outs. Work with all levels of personnel (hourly, supervisory, and general foreperson) in resolving issues, tracking material availability, and advising on material usage.
- Work with customers externally and internally to identify new opportunities to improve our current processes.
- May also include, Lead Inquiry to Order (ITO) processes through Order to Remittance (OTR).
- Deliver business sales, contribution margin, develop proposals; negotiate with customers; drive competitive pricing.
- Contributes to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team.
- Discusses consequences of changes in products and processes for the own team in the organization.
- Works together with people from the business unit.
- Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards collecting or giving technical information.
- Targeted clients. Contracts are predefined and a framework of conditions is set and followed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- This position may involve demanding physical requirements and work in offshore/onshore remote locations, where access to medical care is not consistent, and weather conditions extreme.
- The applicant may be required to undergo fit for duty medical exams.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services).