Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Carry out cargo handling duties, general cleaning, maintenance and other manual labor as assigned/directed
REPORTING: Reports to the Crane Operator or Deck Pusher
PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare cargo for lift by attaching appropriate slings through shackles and other attaching devices.
- Check loads for clearance, obstructions, balance and proper attachment
- Give or relay hand signals and/or radio signals to crane operator to control lift and movement of load
- Manually lift, carry, and move equipment, tools, and materials from place to place as required.
- Ensure to use correct body positioning and safe lifting procedures
- Remove waste, debris, and accumulated trash from decks, stairs, compartments and other areas of the rig and dispose off properly
- Sweep and wash decks, bulkheads, and structures using brooms, mops, rags, brushes, air, and high-pressure water hoses
- Clean up spills and accumulated waste and take all necessary actions to prevent tripping and slipping hazards
- Keep hand tools in good condition, properly maintained, and stored when not in use. Keep lines, hoses, slings, etc. coiled and other materials properly stored
- Operate air hoists, hydraulic hoists, chain hoists, and other cargo handling gear to pick up and move tubular and other heavy equipment
- Assist in carrying out Preventive Maintenance on cranes and associated wireline
- Relieve the floorhands and assist on the drill floor as required
- Assist in the mixing of mud chemicals, pit/tank cleaning and pump room maintenance
- Assist with the running and retrieval of the BOP and auxiliary equipment
- Perform helideck duties as directed by the Helicopter Landing Officer
- Assist in the care and maintenance of the rig's machinery and equipment using proper tools and following safety rules and procedures
- Assist in the care and protection of drill pipes, marine riser joints, and other tubular using such items as brushes, rabbits, thread protectors, pipe dopes, etc.
- Assist in assembling, dismantling, and maintaining of deck machinery, pumps, drilling tools, and other mechanical equipment
- Assist in slipping and cutting of wire lines, inspection and maintenance of wire and fiber lines, slings, and other lifting equipment
- Assist in erecting scaffolding and staging as required
- Prepare and clean deck surfaces, superstructures, bulkheads, etc. prior to priming and painting
- Paint prepared surfaces as directed; i.e. apply coats of primer, paint, and varnish with rollers and spray guns in accordance with painting specifications
- Assist as directed during rig moves and anchor handling operations
- Incorporate the THINK process into all tasks, whether working alone or as part of a team
- Participate in the START process
- Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) whenever an unplanned hazard or a change in the expected results is observed
- Carry out assigned duties in a safe manner according to Company policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe area for task assigned. Stow all tools and equipment at the end of each tour so as to avoid safety hazards for other operations
- Participate in emergency drills and respond to emergency situations as per designation on station bill
- Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to supervisors
- Attend the weekly safety meetings. Actively participate in all pre-tour meetings as required
- Meet the training requirements according to the applicable training matrix
- Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.