If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, this role will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of some of the most ground-breaking projects anywhere in the industry.
Where you fit in?
Operations Craft and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing successes of the company. In one of our Operations and Maintenance roles you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets.
Shell Catalyst & Technology Plant, Michigan City, IN produce materials used in refineries around the world for the production of fuels. Working in our oil refineries, and other operations, a career in Operations and Maintenance at Shell is one right at the front line of the company's activities. You can have a purpose-driven career with the work you will do everyday and leave a positive impact on your life, your community and the world.
What's the role?
On a day to day basis, Electrical Instrumentation Technicians are involved with the following activities;
- You work with flow control and flow measurement instrumentation in accordance to Standard Operating Plan, Daily Operating Instructions and Standing Instructions and Site Health, Safety, Security, Environment procedures;
- Identify and implement equipment improvements to increase plant reliability Communicate verbally in writing to operations employees, supervisors and others regarding the identification of problems and completion of jobs in their area
- Manage plant electrical and instrumentation equipment upsets, abnormal conditions and subsequent trouble-shooting including incidents/plant emergencies and subsequent follow-up;
- Maintain pneumatic control devices, burner management systems and computerized control PLC/DCS systems
- Contributing in keeping process materials records and to maintain good housekeeping practices;
- Keeping log records of operational activities for optimal and thorough handover to other shifts; and
- Participate in electrical wiring
- Safe work attitude and practical knowledge of industrial safety standards
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 90,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements
What we need from you?
- 3 years electrical repair/ instrumentation troubleshooting experience in an industrial plant or military environment
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to support the companies drug-free work environment, harassment free work environment policy, safety policies in diversity and inclusion policies
- Must be able to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a visa.
- Possess a current , valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Comply with all HSSE regulations, policies, standards, practices and actively participate in improving plant safety culture
- Tend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 90 minutes of the site or be willing to relocate to within 90 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Must be flexible to work overtime, nights and weekends when the need arises.
- Must be at least 18 years old, with a minimum High school diploma or GED. Able read, write and speak English.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.