Baker Hughes is currently hiring a Global Intelligence and Travel Security Operations Center (GITSOC) Leader based in Houston, TX.
The Baker Hughes GITSOC, as part of Enterprise Security Risk Management (ESRM), provides a critical 24/7/365 support function for the company in helping to ensure the safety and security of our personnel and assets worldwide. The GITSOC Leader drives the tactical day-to-day operations of the GITSOC and provides authoritative guidance to GITSOC staff members and company personnel. As such, the successful Leader has prior experience in an intelligence-oriented travel security operations center or intelligence environment, is highly proficient in related tools and procedures, and is a proven people leader who has excellent written and oral communication skills.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide real-time support to operations by actively enhancing situational awareness and risk mitigation through continuous monitoring of various internal and external tools
- Research, develop, and publish travel security and threat intelligence products;
- Provide timely communications and actionable intelligence to support the protection of people, assets, and infrastructure
- Guide company travelers in understanding and meeting security requirements and provide support throughout their itinerary
- Provide tactical direction of daily GITSOC operations, including task delegation, work plans, and project management
- Assist the GITSOC Manager in training, scheduling, coaching, and counseling Analysts
- Drive the implementation and application of policies and procedures to ensure consistent high quality output
- Manage and handle situations of a sensitive nature and maintain company confidentiality
- Demonstrate flexibility with regard to work hours - the successful candidate must be willing to work irregular hours and be "on call" in support of 24/7/365 evolving security and crisis events.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) required, preferably in international affairs, political science, or similar, Master's degree in similar fields preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working within an intelligence-oriented travel security operations center or in intelligence analysis
- Proficient computer skills, including in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and teamwork skills, and ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times
- Experience using various security technology platforms (mass notification, incident management, travel security, social media monitoring, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of and active interest in global geopolitical and security developments
- Excellent reading comprehension, critical thinking, written and oral communication skills for a business environment.
- Proven track record teaching, motivating, counseling, and engaging with people;
- Strong knowledge of strategic intelligence, planning and in-depth knowledge and application of threat vulnerability assessments and risk mitigation
- Consistent strong attention to detail, and previous experience performing quality control
- Decision-making experience;
- Ability to prioritize, adapt, multi-task, work independently and achieve objectives
- Strong customer service and team mentality
- Spanish/Portuguese/French/Arabic/Mandarin or other critical language skills;
- Engaged and enjoys working in a collaborative small team environment, while supporting a large multinational organization
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more