The Life Assessment Material Engineer will support the BH-TPS programs and activities in the Innovation Materials & Processes Engineering department, in particular she/he develop test materials, procedures and processes used to create a range of remaining life assessment methodologies.Essential Responsibilities:
The Life Assessment Material Engineer will be responsible for planning and evaluation of new remaining life assessment projects, consulting with others as necessary and prepare proposals, budgets, analyze labor costs, write reports, and perform other managerial tasks.
Supervise the work of technologists, technicians, and other engineers.
Design and direct the testing of parts life processing procedures, monitoring of how materials perform and deteriorate also using advanced lab equipment in order to assess microstructure and mechanical properties.
She/He will collaborate with Design and Service Engineering teams in order to define the components design life as well as the components repair techniques.
She/He will propose and develop advanced material lifing approaches and procedures leveraging also on a pool of research centers and/or universities operating in these subjects.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Master Degree Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of materials, as well as production technologies and heat treatments, used in the BH-TPS organization, Power generation or Aviation Industry, in particular Steels, Nickel & Cobalt-base superalloys;
- Strong background in Nickel and Cobalt base alloys metallurgy, mechanical properties and heat treatments;
- Knowledge of investment casting and forging processes;
- Knowledge of material properties, process and microstructure
- Knowledge on Fracture mechanics approach and tools
- Knowledge of gas turbine engines;
- Fluent in English and Italian;
- Structured data driven mindset;
- Intellectual rigor-accuracy;
- Communication skills both internally with different functions and externally with suppliers;
- Availability to travel frequently;
- EU Work Permit;
- Knowledge of BH-TPS products;
- PhD in materials & metallurgy science is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of protective coatings for high temperature components;
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more