Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Business Analyst, IT - Analysis & Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Information Services Application Developer / Analyst, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
The Information Services Department, within the Finance division provides the company with information solutions that are aligned with the Company Strategy. Work in partnership with the Business to introduce, innovate and apply digital technology in order to deliver productivity gains and competitive advantage to the Company, ensuring all solutions provided are fit for purpose. Assist the business with all its information and digital requirements, providing a reliable, efficient and cost -effective service in order to ensure that our customers can manage their information and collaborate effectively.
The job holder belongs organically in Information Services and reports to the Surface Applications Support Lead.
The job holder manages the full software lifecycle: Business analysis and consultancy, application development, implementation and support, project management and translate business requirements/processes into structured, supportable solutions. It is the job-holders responsibility to ensure that resources are deployed in the manner that satisfies user requirements within given SLA and budgetary constraints.
It is the job-holder's responsibility to ensure that cost effective, consistent, robust and reliable solutions are implemented and maintained, by wherever possible exploiting existing information and applications.
Ideally the Job Holder should have experience working in support or projects relating to some of the following areas; Hydrocarbon Accounting Systems, permit to work Systems, Safety and Environmental Systems
- Take responsibility and lead / project manage significant IS/Business related projects throughout the year, handling the functional analysis as well as the technical implementation (coordinating resources from other IS Teams), ensuring implementation on time and on budget and realising the benefits envisaged.
- Provide IS business analysis, solution design/architecture & consultancy services to customers.
- Provide a quality, cost effective support service to business-specific application users and encourage consistency across the assets to reduce costs/effort where possible.
- Support company specific and third-party applications in various domains (used by varied User departments)
- Focus on the Business Domains of, Hydrocarbon Accounting, permit to work systems and Safety and Environmental Systems including Reporting
- Acts as single point of contact for business applications ensuring that the roadmap for system evolution and the necessary support and maintenance agreements are in place.
- Actively manage the company application portfolio ensuring the correct licensing, support contracts and maintenance is in place.
- Review change/enhancements requests to ensure there is a business justification and that they are cost effective and technically sound.
- Identify and promote ways in which processes, procedures and IS can be changed or adapted to achieve improvements in the cost effectiveness and quality of its operation.
- Analyse and define detailed business/ IS requirements to ensure that third party suppliers deliver exactly what is required and that solutions are implemented that will improve efficiency and/or reduce costs.
- Supervise on day-to-day basis third party support contracts, ensuring that problems are addressed within agreed SLAs and that the required standards for quality are met.
- Translate between user/business requirements and technical suppliers/colleagues.
- Add value to the business by implementing/developing solutions and/or enhancements that will improve efficiency and/or reduce costs.
- Make recommendations on IS expenditure for enhancements and projects.
- Ensure that system integrity is maintained by following and ensuring compliance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Ensuring HSE and IS Security requirements are considered when designing and implementing applications.
- Working in a manner that is compliant with HSE regulations.
- Providing service to customers in a manner that will meet set targets of cost, time, quality & performance
- Delivery of significant IS/Business related projects (functional analysis and managing the technical implementation).
- Mentoring student resources maintain in-house applications
- Ensuring they comply with Company Specific Development Guidelines
- Excellent communication skills & customer facing skills
- Experience of working in a team or working on own initiative
- Business Analysis experience
- Full Software Development Life Cycle experience (feasibility studies/business cases, design documentation, users guides, presentations, etc.)
- Database and SQL experience (normalization, tables, views, joins, etc.)
- Experience in working in the Oil & Gas industry
- Programming experience in VB.NET and ASP.NET
- Knowledge of Visual Studio
- Experience in VBA (via MS Access or Excel)
- SQL Server knowledge