Whether collaborating with customers to develop break-through technology, solving business challenges, leading at a wellsite, or working on digital analytics, we want you to be a part of Baker Hughes innovation. Field Engineering is for early career, highly motivated engineering talent-people with a passion for technology and innovation, a drive to deliver technical excellence and develop their leadership skills. The program is designed to accelerate participants' professional development through intense competency-based, classroom, online and on-job learning. This three-year program will give you an opportunity to be directly involved in the delivery of services to help clients locate, evaluate and produce oil and gas ever more efficiently including improving environmental standards. Program graduates have the technical and business foundation to proactively and continually make innovative contributions to Baker Hughes future.
As a Field Engineer you are the key interface between Baker Hughes and the client at the job site and you represent Baker Hughes both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly, aiming at Customers' satisfaction through reliability and proactive support.
Your rate of progress will be driven by your personal effort and your ability to demonstrate your capability against the standards defined in the Competency-Development Program (CDP). Your progression will be determined by your performance, including the demonstration of your unfailing commitment to deliver your accountabilities. Your manager will help you gain the necessary skills and knowledge. Your manager will also lead the assessment process to evaluate your skills and knowledge. You will benefit from working with an assigned mentor to ensure that you have a comprehensive, holistic learning experience. Your mentor will support and direct you so that in time, you are ready to support other less experienced employees.
Your training will be based on on-job learning, self-study assignment and unparalleled technical training courses underpinned by the development of business acumen and leadership capability. You will be developing the foundation of your career by gaining BHGE qualifications which are the building blocks in the CDP.
During the program you will be developing basic oilfield knowledge working under the supervision of an experienced Field Engineer. Your ambition must be to demonstrate your capability to work confidently with a progressively broadening scope of knowledge, skills and customer-facing accountabilities, and in time to be able to support less qualified Field Engineers.Essential Responsibilities:
- Working as a crew member deploying Baker Hughes tools and services, including direct liaison with customers' representatives and Baker Hughes shore-based Operations Managers
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work
- Preparing tools and equipment prior to outbound shipment to the well site
- Receiving inbound equipment and correctly documenting inventory
- Providing direct support for tenders including data analysis and cost estimates
- Supporting invoicing activities to ensure that revenue is secured in the required timeframes
- Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities with Sales Managers, Operations Managers and Engineering Managers to understand their activities as the basis of developing business acumen and a holistic understanding of Baker Hughes activities
- Completing all training assignments to the required standards
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards in all situations using Baker Hughes systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written)
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA or equivalent
- A minimum of a BS or MS degree in Engineering, Mechanics and or Applied Sciences
- Maximum 3 years post Bachelor's or Master's degree experience
- Geographically mobile (locations vary)
- Legal right to work in Qatar without company sponsorship or time restriction
- Internship experience in your discipline
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, accountability, teamwork and collaboration, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, drive for results, and initiative.
- Passion to be in field environment.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more