Skills: Drilling Superintendent
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
2 year residential contract in Qatar
This position is primarily accountable for engineering activity covering the planning, program preparation and execution of drilling and workover operations within DW team. As part of the drilling engineering team, you will deliver engineering design, program preparation and operational support on new and existing wells. Working with multi-disciplinary teams, you will ensure drilling programs, program amendments and derogation to company referential are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
Within the drilling team, the operations drilling engineer:
- Prepares well design following WSOR process in line with the company rules and procedures
- Prepares well drilling programs optimizing cost and lead times.
- Accounts for efficient monitoring of drilling operation including collision avoidance and timely reporting of deviation from plan.
- Participates in CFT process and ensure the suitability of contracted services, equipment and personnel vs. operational requirements.
- Continuously searches for innovative approaches to improve operational procedures, equipment and contracted services.
- Accounts for quick implementation of lessons learned
- Accounts for timely and accurate Final Well Report
1. Health Safety Environment
- Identify all drilling risks and ensure accompanying risk register for every well operations is included in drilling program
- Ensure all other HSE requirements and lifting colour codes are highlighted in drilling program
- Prepare exemption dossier when required and ensure risk analysis is performed for all non-routine operations.
- Ensure that company safety standard is maintained in all worksites.
2. Drilling Operation preparation and monitoring
- Well preparation in close corporation with RGS (WSOR) with clear definition of the objectives of the planned well covering trajectories, casing design, specific drilling challenges and associated cost estimates, reduce well compl
Kintec was established in the UK in 2001 with the purpose of supplying both Contract and Permanent technical engineering personnel. Currently operating within the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Life Sciences, Power, Rail and Infrastructure industries, Kintec’s business reach is on a global scale. Over the years, we have succeeded in developing lasting relationships, with both clients and candidates, and delivered expertise and up to the minute industry knowledge with efficiency and professionalism. With business expansion and the creation of further offices in the UK, networks in the Middle East, Africa, and the US as well as movement further into Europe, Kintec’s market position has gained major strength over its 18 years in business and we have reinforced this further with sector diversification. Kintec prides itself on delivering unparalleled levels of mobilisation support, which includes the organisation of visas, travel, accommodation, local payroll, security and medical insurance. We take great care to ensure that our own employees are provided with all of the necessary in-house training to be able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service to our clients and candidates. Furthermore, we provide opportunities for further career development, as part of our organic growth model, and aim to provide a favourable working environment where our personnel are held in extremely high regard. We see our staff as paramount in terms of establishing a long lasting and successful business, facilitating the overall aim to replicate and build on our historic achievements