Company: Baker Hughes
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: DHAHRAN, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a leader in the Oilfield Services industry has an opening for a Machinist for the new Saudi Arabia CWI 4R & Manufacturing Plant.
Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· Sets-up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
· Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
· Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
· Must demonstrate an intermediate to pro skill level (indicate part, turn OD's, and qualify ID and OD) on manual lathe.
· Ability to write and edit basic functions in CNC programming
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· 3+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T).
· Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
· Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
Dammam- Saudi Arabia
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more