Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
JOB SUMMARY/MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Working safely is a condition of employment at all Northern Offshore work locations.
To lead the QHSET department to achieve Northern Offshore's (NOF) goal of zero accidents / incidents and demonstrate our commitment of QHSET excellence through our Integrated Management System (IMS). Provide leadership for the development and maintenance of policies and procedures that make an effective IMS. To guide NOF in achieving safe and healthy workplaces, environmental compliance, employee competence and regulatory compliance. Responsible for leading and coaching individuals to achieve their full potential.
2 QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
Display a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (QHSSE) objectives and maintain a positive QHSSE culture by personal leadership and example that holds all employees accountable.
In accordance with Northern Offshores QHSSE Policy Statement (CG-POL-001) be empowered to "STOP THE JOB" if it is thought QHSSE core values are being compromised.
Establish and maintain a commitment to continual improvement in Northern Offshore's operations and performance, utilising and complying with the Integrated Management System's policies, procedures and processes.
Adhere to relevant procedures and processes to meet Northern Offshores requirements regarding risk identification, risk assessment, risk elimination, risk minimisation and risk control.
Use Northern Offshore's behaviour-based safety programme (C.A.R.E.S - Continually Assessing Risk Ensuring Safety).
Report all injuries, illnesses, unsafe acts, and unsafe conditions to the relevant supervisor, department head or person in charge, as soon as possible.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT
Preferred professional qualification in QHSE.
Preferred experience in a similar role as a Manager or of QHSET with high hazard industry or offshore experience.
Must successfully satisfy all Company, regulatory and client training as per onshore training matrix.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide QHSET leadership, advice and support to management and the organisation with a goal of achieving zero accidents / incidents.
• Manage the development and effectiveness of the Integrated Management System (IMS).
• Liaise with regulators, class, flag state and others to ensure that NOF complies with all applicable legal and other requirements.
• Manage and facilitate the Company's auditing to ensure compliance and maintain effective monitoring against external certification standards.
• Ensure that QHSET risk management systems are in place and remain effective.
• Maintain effective continuous improvement system ensuring timely close out and communication of findings to management
• Ensure that QHSET and other learnings are communicated effectively throughout the Organisation.
• Develop QHSET Key Performance Indicators and these are communicated effectively within the organisation.
• Act as the Company Designated Person (CDP) as per the relevant legislation and ensure that the Company remains compliant.
• Appoint a Company Security Officer (CSO) as per the relevant legislation and ensure that the Company remains compliant.
• Ensure and manage effective emergency response provision and participate when required.
Develop and cultivate good customer relations and ensure all customer expectations are delivered.
• Liaise with customers at all stages of the contracting process on QHSET matters and advise on the development of interface and bridging documents, HSE and Quality plans as appropriate.
• Manage and develop the training and competency functions to ensure consistency and compliance across all operations.
• Review incident investigations and root causes to ensure reoccurrence is prevented.
• Represent the Company by participating in relevant industry work groups and forums.
• Manage the QHSET budget.
• Required to be on call out of office hours.
• This position may require some travel.
• Perform any other duties as directed by supervisor(s).
***ONLY APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES WITH DIRECT EXPERIENCE IN THE DRILLING SECTOR WILL BE PREFERRED***