Skills: Business Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
City: Lake Zurich
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Business Development Industrial Hygiene
COMPANY: Bureau Veritas North America
LOCATION: Lake Zurich, IL
REPORTS TO: Division Director
About Bureau Veritas
Bureau Veritas performs conformity assessment and risk management services to clients from over 900 offices in over 140 countries. With revenues over 2 billion euro and 74,000 employees, the company is committed to organic growth while also pursuing an acquisition strategy.
The Industrial Hygiene Division is comprised of three laboratories providing services in the Power, Utilities, Oil & Gas, Construction, Mining, Manufacturing, and Pharmaceutical sectors.
The Manager of Business Development reports to the Director of the Division or his designee and will have responsibility for generating and or leading business development activities for the Industrial Hygiene Division.
The successful candidate for this position is responsible for developing the Industrial Hygiene business within the Bureau Veritas North American business unit. While the primary focus is the chemical manufacturing sector, this business unit also includes pharmaceutical, asbestos, and legal consulting lines.
- Work with the Hygiene Director to target prospective clients representing highest potential for BV
- Accountable for profitable sales to new and existing accounts within strategic target markets throughout North America.
- Establish and execute on tangible sales plans that detail specific markets, targets and tactics including prospecting, tradeshows, inside sales initiatives, advertising, etc.
- Retaining and growing the key account business and customer portfolio.
- Acquiring new key customers.
- Develop, foster and leverage a network of relevant contacts in the international Industrial Hygiene community including participation in relevant industry associations.
- Monitors competitive activity in each Key account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated.
- Prepare responses to and ownership of significant RFQ's, RFP's, Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Statements of Work and Master Service Agreements. Conducts follow-up as required.
- Prepare activity and other such reports as may be required by division management and administrative personnel and/or company policy.
- Provide input to, and may be accountable for, indirect sales activities: Conferences, Speaking Events, Workshops, Tech Talks, etc.
- Accountable for development of relevant web-based materials including strategies for deployment of social media tools from a sales/marketing perspective.
Quantitative criteria for performance evaluation (KPI):
- Profitability of Projects won
- Achievement of year over year growth targets
- Achievement of cross selling targets
- New program implementation (Timing, Accuracy, etc)
- Development of customer and product portfolio in the area of responsibility
Minimum Educational and Skill Requirements:
- B.A. or B.S. in a related field to Industrial Hygiene. Graduate level / Higher vocational education in engineering or Business Administration is preferable
- 10 years' job-related experience of which 3 or more years selling to key decision makers in the Industrial Hygiene market
- Knowledge of the Industrial Hygiene industry
- A proven track record in promoting Hygiene or Safety services
- Leadership - Ability to gain alignment and enthusiasm achieving superior performance
- Teamwork - Ability to interface and effectively work with various groups and cultures involved (partners, government, agencies, contractors, operations, etc.)
- Management aptitude (communication, leadership)
- Good English and local language skills
- Presentation skills
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to travel 50 - 70% of the time
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.