The Mechanical Engineer is an exciting and fast paced position within the Drilling organization. This position requires highly motivated and creative individuals who are comfortable working on both short and long term assignments aimed at developing new designs, improving existing designs, supporting requisition activities, and resolving field issues.Essential Responsibilities:
- Candidate will receive training and be provided oversight and direction from more senior engineer.
- Candidate is responsible for design and support of products supporting the Drilling business with activities including developing new designs, supporting manufacturing operations, resolving fleet issues and supporting testing operations.
- Responsibility will be in the development, testing, evaluation, and support of mechanical, structural, and hydraulic equipment. Candidate will work with designers to develop engineering models and drawings, create parts and assembly specifications, document design efforts according to the Design Planning Process (DPP) / ISO standards.
- Products are generally designed in accordance with API/ASME/NACE/BSEE standards.
- Candidate will plan and execute the design of high-performance pressure control products - interfacing with customers to determine design requirements, performing required design, analysis, and verification tasks.
- Assist Sourcing with supply questions/issues to meeting delivery timeline through proper documentation process.
- Support Manufacturing during the assembly and testing of equipment. Update engineering documentation/specification as required.
- Conduct testing per API standards, and create written reports detailing results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years relevant experience in the industry
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T)
- Proficient using MS Office applications, MathCad, AutoCAD, and ProE (or equivalent)
- Knowledgeable of applicable codes and standards (API 6A, API 16A/C/D, etc.)
- Understands general material types and manufacturing techniques
- Ability to work in a team environment on short- or long-term projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills