Perform routine startup/shutdown and maintenance of individual equipment and process. Operate utility systems including, air, water, steam, RO, fuel gas and electrical. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Monitors process variables and conditions to ascertain the current state of the operated process.
- Adjusts process variables and conditions using various control systems to optimize the production of specification products.
- Supervises or performs product loading operations for trucks as needed.
- Monitors the usage of utilities, fuel, chemicals, etc. to prevent excessive consumption at current processing rates.
- Monitor and recognize dangerous and/or emergency conditions within the facility and performs procedures necessary to remove the condition or shutdown the process/facility in order to protect personnel and equipment.
- In the absence of a supervisor, works with coworkers in the response to emergency situations requiring coordination, equipment or plant shutdown, and/or evacuation
- Recognized malfunctions in individual equipment and perform minor maintenance as necessary to correct problems.
- Writes repair work requests for routine and major maintenance that cannot be handled as part of normal operations.
- Reads, calculates, and/or estimates process flow rates, volumes, and other conditions and prepares operational logs and reports.
- Obtains liquid samples for analysis and testing
- Participates in preparation of operating procedures and the training of co-workers in safe and efficient operating practices.
- Performs ES&H work related duties as needed.
- Utilize and follow all safe work practices and procedures including Lockout / Tagout
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Requires ability to ride a bicycle and drive a motor vehicle.
- Valid driverâ€™s license.
- Continued employment and promotion to higher levels achieved by demonstrating ability to perform required procedures in a safe manner and available openings.
- Ability to read and understand piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills that help establish a supportive climate with others.
- Basic job related computer knowledge.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Able to climb and lift or push a minimum of 75 pounds. Candidate must demonstrate ability to perform rigorous outside duties including walking standing, climbing, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting kneeling, reaching, sitting, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling, and manual dexterity.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field condition
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
- 5 years previous experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience with single & multi-stage high-pressure pumps, compressors, and gas-fired turbines.
- Experience in DOT regulated pipeline activities
- Ability to troubleshoot process issues as required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected