This position is directly involved in the Maintenance of NG & NGL Facilities. The I&E- Meas. Technician must demonstrate the ability to recognize, analyze, and respond to abnormal conditions in a timely manner to minimize potential impact to people and the environment as well as eliminating risk to the liability of the company. The IE&M Technician will be responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of the plants and pipeline facilities. This position requires working outside in various weather conditions and in various areas where contact with local wildlife could be dangerous. This position also requires the Technician to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, working Holidays and responding to call-outs. The IE&M Technician will troubleshoot, test, maintain, and repair I&E related equipment, which may include valves, valve operators, product metering systems, product sampling systems, LEL detectors, product analyzers, pumps and pump stations, SCADA field hardware, SCADA communication devices. The I&E- Meas. Technician will perform periodic inspections and routine maintenance on the plants and pipeline system and complete maintenance records, service/ calibration reports, and other required documents. This position will include daily travel via company-supplied vehicle. The IE&M Technician is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the vehicle. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Learn and understand Targaâ€™s Safety Policies, Procedures, and Business Ethics Policies
- Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety, environmental precautions, reporting, permitting, and Process Safety Management
- Have a basic knowledge of the effects his work will have on his co-workers, the plant and field operations. (Verification of understanding will be completed using the training checklist
- Work with coworkers in the response to emergency situations requiring coordination, equipment or plant shutdown, and/or evacuation
- Utilize proper Lockout/Tag out operating and safety procedures
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits up to and including 4160 volts
- Use Maximo to create work orders for record keeping including creating and editing job plans for any preventive maintenance.
- Maintain records for all I&E Safe practices performed through the plant.
- Read, understand, and red line wiring diagrams and schematics
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair UPS systems, and auxiliary equipment including generators
- Must have a working knowledge of P&IDs, electric schematics and technical manuals
- Maintain and troubleshoot various pneumatic controls and valves
- Troubleshoot and maintain various PLCâ€™s and other control and automation systems including communications.
- Install repair and maintain motors, transformers, generators, lights, circuits, wiring and other electrical system equipment and associated components in compliance with electrical codes, standards and regulations
- Oversee any outside personnel working on any of our instrumentation or electrical equipment.
- Train and Obtain DOT qualifications to perform certain DOT pipeline tasks
- Perform routine field startup/shutdown of pipeline facility equipment
- Recognize pipeline and pipeline equipment malfunctions
- Recognize danger signals from equipment and perform emergency repairs, which could include the shutdown of facilities and/or pipelines
- Prepares and analyzes recurring operational reports
- Prepares various ad-hoc reports including providing data for regulatory reporting
- Continuously review and monitor facility operations for optimization
- Comply with all applicable safety and environmental regulations, local policies and procedures
- Training of co-workers in safe and proper job procedures
- Attend all safety meetings and safety training as required by company
- Minimum of 1-5 year(s) of related work experienceâ€¦See notes belowâ€¦
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driverâ€™s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, vendors and the public
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75 lbs
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Knowledge of Maximo
- Knowledge of CFR 49 Part 192 and 195, OSHA, NEC, NFPA, API, GPA
- Knowledge of Management of Change Process
- Knowledge of GPS and GPS Systems
- Read and Understand PIDs
- Read and Understand Pipeline Maps and Alignment Sheets
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCS)
- Knowledge of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Knowledge of Flow Computers
- Knowledge of Meter Provers and Proving Techniques
- Knowledge of Gas Chromatography
- Knowledge of various process instrumentation; pressure switches, pressure transmitters, temperature switches, temperature transmitters, flow switches, flow / differential pressure transmitters, vibration switches, vibration transmitters, Combustible Gas Detectors, H2S detectors, O2 Sensors, Moisture Analyzers,
- Knowledge of Control Valves, Valve Actuators, Valve Positioners, limit and position switches
- Knowledge of pipe and pipe specifications
- Knowledge of the Equipment used to test and calibrate process instrumentation
- Knowledge of SCADA field hardware, communication hardware and software
- Knowledge of installation, calibration, maintenance , and troubleshooting of SCADA related instrumentation
- Knowledge of pipeline I,E, Measurement construction
- Knowledge of low, medium, and high voltage circuits and apparatus
- Knowledge of Pipeline ROW Maintenance
- Knowledge of Pipeline third-party activities, encroachment
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.