- Provides recommendations for improving refinery operations based on technical information, and raw process data.
- Functions as a process troubleshooter and provide refineries with forward thinking and technological advancements that will provide a competitive edge.
- Performs process analysis, process improvement, scoping studies, front-end process design work, and/or collaborates on process designs with contractors and consultants.
- Troubleshoots and maintains DCS database, software and configuration of Honeywell, PLCs, or similar systems. Tunes existing process controllers.
- Develops and implements process control schemes and control techniques. Assist project engineers and develop new control schemes.
- Develops and reviews control logic for project designs, including P&ID and logic review.
- Identifies opportunities for APC in selective applications providing good business returns. Maintains and optimizes advanced process control programs.
- Provides startup assistance and control modifications for new projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher degree in Chemical, Electrical Control Systems, or Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
- Chemical Engineering or Electrical Control Systems Engineering preferred.
- Minimum five years of process control and/or control systems engineering experience required.
- Minimum two years of DCS control experience required.
- Refinery industry experience preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.