The Additive Manufacturing Technology Engineer will support Backer Hughes TPS programs and activities in Innovation organization, leveraging the technology benefits to bring value to the business.Essential Responsibilities
- The Additive Manufacturing Technology Engineer, will be responsible to develop and qualify components for high and low temperature application, applying additive manufacturing processes in new units and service products. She/He will collaborate together with Advance Manufacturing Engineer and Design Engineering teams to qualify and industrialize powder metal and additive components, in particular for gas turbine products.
- The Additive Manufacturing Technology Engineer has to collaborate with all the complementary departments to validate and introduce the technology in production, from design to component testing.
- The candidate will be in contact with research institutes and other BH businesses, he/she will leverage and propose new process development or new technologies.
- Master Degree Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Gas Turbines, as well as production technologies and heat treatments, used in Oil & Gas, power generation or Aviation Industry, in particular steels and Nickel & Cobalt-base superalloys;
- Knowledge of powder metallurgy and additive processes;
- Knowledge of NX and FEA tools.
- Strong soft skills as: Team player, Flexibility, Effective communication, problem solving.
- Knowledge of material properties and process.
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Structured data driven mindset
- Intellectual rigor-accuracy
- Availability to travel frequently
- EU Work Permit
- Knowledge of Baker Hughes TPS products
- PhD is considered a plus
- Knowledge of Russian, Japanese, Chinese are considered a plus;
- At least 2 years' experience in turbomachinery
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more