Skills: Rotating Equipment, Noise & Vibration Control, Reliability Engineer
Other Skills: Condition Monitoring, CBM, Vibration Analysis, Millwright
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big. Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations. Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do it is our legacy.
Our core values respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion guide our actions and behavior every day. So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The role is based in the John Crane facility with a degree of travel to customer sites, directly coordinating, scheduling and participating in work with the customer to comply with the "partnership agreement." The role of the Condition Monitoring Specialist is to take the lead in the use of specialist knowledge to develop, operate and manage Condition Monitoring programmes for John Crane clients. They will be responsible for driving the development and operation of Condition Monitoring programmes for John Crane clients and supporting trouble shooting activity.
The role will involve analytical data collection, analysis and reporting of both routine and advanced diagnostic techniques.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• To develop and operate Condition Monitoring programmes for John Crane clients.
• To be the main client interface for the delivery of Condition Monitoring services.
• To conduct analysis of routine vibration data.
• To support CM Engineers in the Analysis and Reporting of Condition Monitoring data and provision of Maintenance recommendations.
• To report Vibration and Oil Analysis results and associated corrective maintenance recommendations
• To conduct periodic site visits to carry out Condition Monitoring program 'health checks'.
• To conduct specialist vibration analysis and equipment troubleshooting.
• Using a defined process calculate the cost benefit of carrying out recommendations.
• Assist in the recruitment, development, training and mentoring of graduate engineers.
• To contribute to training of client and John Crane personnel in the application of Condition Monitoring.
• Line management and appraisal review for your assigned team.
• Work with local HR team to ensure that resource requirements are identified in a timely manner.
• Work within the requirements of the Integrated Management System.
• Additional duties as assigned
- Mechanical associate's degree or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- Minimum 12 years' experience in vibration analysis for condition monitoring of rotating equipment (pumps, compressors).
- Working knowledge of Computers, MS Office and specialist vibration monitoring software.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication.
- Excellent training, leadership, facilitation, influencing, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a high-stress environment.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Occasionally there may be a requirement to work extended days or weekends, as needed to meet business demands.
- Desirable Specialist skills
- Vibration Analysis ISO 18436-2 Category 3, or equivalent preferred.
- Lubrication Analysis ISO 18436-4 Category 2, or equivalent preferred
- Rotor dynamics analysis (Orbits, Transient Analysis etc)
- In situ Balancing
- Laser Alignment
- Structural Analysis (ODS, Bump testing, Modal Analysis etc)
- Electrical tests (Motor Current Signature Analysis, Partial Discharge tests)
- Acoustic Analysis (Environmental noise, Ultraprobe etc)
- Utilization of multichannel analyzers and online systems
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office, shop, warehouse, refinery, or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Company's goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company's environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements.