Skills: Rotating Equipment, Noise & Vibration Control, Reliability Engineer
Other Skills: Condition Monitoring, CBM, Vibration Analysis, Millwright
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries.
The role is based on-site at a customer facility(s), directly coordinating, scheduling and participating in work with the customer to comply with the "partnership agreement." The role of the Condition Monitoring Specialist is to use their knowledge to develop, operate and manage Condition Monitoring programmes for John Crane clients.
The role will involve Condition Monitoring data collection, analysis and reporting of both routine techniques. It is expected that the person in this role will work to develop their specialist knowledge. John Crane will provide training to support this development.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• To operate and Develop Condition Monitoring programs for John Crane clients in conjunction with the Lead CM Engineer.
• To conduct routine Condition Monitoring surveys at our clients' premises.
• To conduct analysis of routine vibration data.
• To report Vibration and Oil Analysis results and associated corrective maintenance recommendations
• To interface with the client for the on-site delivery of Condition Monitoring services.
• To conduct periodic on site Pump Performance Testing and onshore Reporting.
• Using a defined process calculate the cost benefit of carrying out recommendations.
• Work within the requirements of the Integrated Management System.
• Mechanical associate's degree or equivalent and relevant work experience.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in vibration analysis for condition monitoring of rotating equipment (pumps, compressors).
• Working knowledge of Computers, MS Office and specialist vibration monitoring software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Experience in the following is preferred:
- Vibration Analysis ISO 18436-2 Category 2, or equivalent preferred
- Lubrication Analysis ISO 18436-4 Category 2, or equivalent preferred
- Rotor dynamics analysis (Orbits, Transient Analysis etc)
- In-situ Balancing experience preferred
- Laser Alignment
- Electrical tests (Motor Current Signature Analysis, Partial Discharge tests)
Acoustic Analysis (Environmental noise, Ultraprobe etc)
Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
• Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office, shop, warehouse, refinery, or manufacturing plant
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
• Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
• Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
• Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Company's goals.
• Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
• Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company's environmental performance goals.
• Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements.