Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Financial Analyst. This role is responsible for providing business insight and analytical support to the GeoMarket Operations Controller to ensure that each significant business decision is given proper financial consideration.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review results and profitability analysis relating to area of responsibility. Analyze and investigate trends and reports to GeoMarket Operations Controller
- Perform general ledger accounting. Validate accounting by outsourced organizations, including pre-paid, accruals and allocations.
- Review cost allocation cycles and decide if changes are needed. Analyze results of allocation runs.
- Analyze and control investment (Capex, Inventory, Projects, DSO)
- Perform monthly reviews of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet accounts relating to area of responsibility, including business indicators such as profitability and liquidity
- Present monthly analysis on costs and revenue
- Assist with financial planning, forecasting and monitoring of results versus objectives
- Identify weaknesses in internal control and suggest improvements
- Assess and highlight opportunities for increased cost efficiencies
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbane Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix
Major Qualification/Requirements of the Role
- Finance or Accounting Degree or equivalent professional certification.
- 3+ years of work experience (preferably within consulting firms or multinationals)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office skills with an ability to become familiar with company-specific programs and software
- Good working knowledge of English (Oral and written)
- Great Analytical & Problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate at various levels of the organization
- Business acumen
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree and qualification level.
- 3-5 years in a financial role.
- Knowledge of specific systems.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.