Working as part of a team the Commercial Operations Specialist is responsible for co-ordinating and compiling all aspects of the bid preparation process, facilitating and delivering bid and risk related activities for the region; ensuring they are completed on time and to the highest service quality standards.
Technically experienced with good commercial/project management skills, you will need to understand, interpret and respond to technical specifications & documentation within an ITT.Essential Responsibilities:
- Preparation and review of Tenders, Proposals and Pre-qualification responses, including but not limited to the technical, commercial and contractual aspects of these documents. Collation of all documents to be included in the offer, such as pre-qualification documentation, Technical & Operational documentation, QHSE, Pricing, Commercial & Legal exceptions, Certification, Bank Guarantees & Bonds, etc.
- Manage all aspects of bid preparation efforts in accordance with the BH Process and Pipeline business rules & ITO processes (from inquiry to handover) and liaise with regional leadership on bid related matters.
- Work with the Sales team to facilitate deal and risk reviews to avoid unknown, un-quantified risks during the bid preparation phases.
- Ensure all pertinent bid related data for the region is accurately entered into BH's database in a timely manner.
- Develop a strong understanding of the key ITO processes and systems and contribute to process simplification efforts to reduce cycle time, improve service quality and reduce costs.
- Develop strong working partnerships with other functions (Legal, Finance, Tax, Operations, etc.) to enable effective communication, on-time responses, improved information flow to help shape winning and profitable bids.
- Work closely with the Operations team to ensure that proposals fully reflect the entire scope ofwork and key assumptions within each bid. Frequent
- Reviews with project managers upon project closure to reconcile estimated to actual costs.
- Work closely with the Technology team to ensure that technical assessments are completed on time to ensure technical compliance with Client's requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate commercial practices and standards.
- University degree or equivalent - preferably in an engineering or commercial discipline.
- Able to work & communicate in the English language plus at least one other European language (French, German, Italian, Spanish, ...)
- Prior experience in analysing, translating & completing complex bids/proposals.
- Prior experience in the Oil & Gas Industry (preferably Process and Pipeline Services) - in a commercial, operational or project management field.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified fashion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to effectively influence and negotiate with all levels of people.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple bids/projects.
- Financially & commercially astute - an understanding of contracts, business financials and commercial risk.
- Positive, can-do approach to work and to problem solving.
- Results orientated, self-driven individual with passion, drive, energy and ability to influence without authority in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in a sales/Client facing role and willing and enthusiastic about meeting clients.
- A team player, willing to give additional input as and when required to meet client based deadlines, often at short notice.
- Salesforce.com or similar CRM tool expertise.
- Paralegal/legal experiences
- Experience in dealing with P&M projects and equipment.
Atyrau, Kazakhstan or Baku (Azerbaijan)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more