Skills: Commercial Management, IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The candidate must provide engineering expertise in the field of Telecommunication systems including Data, Radio, IP Telephony, LAN and Voice alerting/conference systems for the support of the Project Management Team. The candidate must also have experience with both the FEED stage and EPC project execution and thorough knowledge of Engineering and Construction.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide realistic and practical technical solutions to operational engineering challenges.
- Evaluate existing and new manufacturers in his area of expertise for technical competence and compliance.
- Perform technical studies in applicable project related technical issues and prepare reports and feedback for presentation to technical and management personnel.
- Review engineering and design proposals.
- Review EPC purchase specifications and subsequent vendor documentation and bids to confirm compliance with standards and project requirements.
- Working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal personnel.
- Liaise with the EPC contractor to ensure that all communication equipment designed and installed within the facility meets company, project, and international standards and meets the full functionality and system requirements of the project.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and relevant authorities.
- Bachelor Degree in Telecommunication Engineering
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in Telecommunication engineering in the Oil and Gas industry
- Must have traceable experience in the field of instrument selection in relation to process applications
- Good knowledge on materials and material selection for Telecommunication systems
- Knowledgeable of Telecommunication systems for instrumentation, including cabling, wiring methods, grounding, materials, control circuits. In addition, hazardous area design implementation shall be part of candidate's experience
- Very knowledgeable with a wide variety of national and international standards, especially related to ISA, ANSI, API, NFPA and IEC
- Field experience is required in oil, gas or petrochemical industries with a wide variety of Telecommunication systems installations. Candidate should have experience during plant construction, commissioning, start-up or operations and including selection and installation of field Telecommunication equipment, cables, enclosures, trays, hazardous area installations and grounding
- Must be computer literate with advanced level of experience in use of office and technical software
- Good working knowledge of clients standards and procedures and International standards
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Plan & Organize
- Analyze & Solve problems
- Communicating openly & effectively
- Excellence/ Drive for results
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.