Baker Hughes is currently seeking a Legal Counsel for Sourcing based in Houston, Texas.
In this role, you will provide multifaceted legal advice and support to the Baker Hughes Sourcing Organization. Essential Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary Legal Counsel for the Baker Hughes Indirect Sourcing group.
- Review, negotiate and draft various agreements with suppliers, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Purchase Orders, Master Supply Agreements, Master Services Agreements and other agreements as required by the Sourcing Organization.
- Support development and implementation of Sourcing Legal policies, procedures and agreement templates.
- Promote compliance within the Sourcing Organization in accordance with Baker Hughes's policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Support activities associated with supplier recovery efforts and supplier disputes, including management of outside counsel as needed.
- Act as a key business partner to the Sourcing Organization by facilitating training to Sourcing personnel and liaising with Sourcing management.
- Collaborate with other members of Baker Hughes Legal team to ensure alignment with best practices and complete coverage of all legal issues.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in the US
- 2+ years of legal experience, preferably negotiating commercial contracts
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects at the same time, while prioritizing accordingly.
- Ability to communicate legal risks and recommendations to internal clients in such a way that can be well understood and appreciated.
- Ability to respond to the needs of the organization as a result of changes in market demands or otherwise.
- Prior experience handling supply chain legal matters, especially as related to agreements with suppliers.
- Prior experience working in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience working at a multinational company supporting a global team.
- Member of the Texas Bar.
- Working knowledge of US employment law.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more