Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Muscat, Muscat Governorate, Oman
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Onsite Support Analyst is responsible for serving as a desktop support expert responsible for computer hardware, software (location specific or global) and peripherals. The Onsite Support Analyst acts as the second point of escalation for the resolution of desktop or laptop related incidents, service requests and connectivity issues.
He/She is responsible for the site local infrastructure and connectivity incidents and changes when actions get assigned by the central IT Support teams.
As this is a key position in IT, and in continuous daily contact with our operations, the Onsite Support Analyst should also have a digital mindset, proactively come up with new ideas and initiatives, build and implement solutions to automate internal processes and support the business.
• Provide second-line IT investigation and diagnosis.
• Resolve and close incidents and service requests as per help desk procedures and allocated timelines.
• Escalate unresolved incidents and service requests within agreed timescales.
• Log incident and service request details per help desk procedures.
• Communicate with customer regarding incident progress.
• Ensure tickets are always updated until issues are resolved.
• Conduct customer satisfaction callbacks and surveys.
• Complete GET IT training for On-Site Support Analysts.
• Comply with Quality, Health, Safety and Environment policies and IT policies.
• Liaise with customers, other IT support groups and third-party providers when necessary.
• Perform staging of PCs.
• Maintain Global Asset Management database with updates related to the assigned hardware.
• Perform Install, Move, Add and Change tasks.
• Perform hardware and software maintenance and support.
• Participate in IT team and follow up on objectives and key performance objectives.
• Troubleshoot and resolve PC incidents and VIP requests.
• Liaise with third-party suppliers for hardware repair.
• Assist with SISC on IT security issues and virus elimination.
• Assist local Server Team when server maintenance is required.
• Assist in infrastructure setup and renovation project at location including the network devices, Lenel ePACs, CCTV, servers, network equipment/wiring, and A/V and UC Systems.
• Work with Distributed Services, Systems, Network Support and Event Management teams.
• Coordinate spare asset inventory.
• Maintain asset management.
• Assist local Network Team when network equipment maintenance is required.
• Present to and educate customers on IT solutions, methods and tools to increase their efficiency.
• Organize and schedule UseIT training in location to match key performance objectives requirements.
• Participate in GeoMarket projects to accomplish common objectives.
• Participate as a key person in IT Domain structure.
• Supervise suppliers to perform maintenance, IMAC of IT equipment.
• Identify improvement areas and propose solutions.
• Design and build small applications to automate processes and address a business requirement.
• Good interpersonal communication skills. Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Continuous fast learner, enthusiast, and self-driven
• Willingness to work flexible hours when needed
• Ability and willingness to travel to remote locations
• Initiative and creativity
• Ability to write technical support documentation
• Excellent customer interface skills
• Understanding of customer satisfaction principles and practices
• Team player
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to understand a wide variety of technical documentation
Education and Experience
• Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science with specialization in Software Engineering
• Experience: 2-3 years experience in Software development
• Experience in relational database and application development
• Good knowledge on Agile Software Development Cycle
• Familiar with Azure DevOps environment and tools
• Software development experience and knowledge: Sharepoint Online, .NET, Python, HTML, PHP, PowerApps, Power BI.
• Good UI skills and design abilities
• Knowledge of Robotic Process Automation is a plus
• Knowledge of ITIL based IT Service Model is a plus
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.