Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Chemical Technician in Texas City, Texas. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.ROLE SYNOPSIS:
Chemical Technician needed to support the efforts of a site team at a large refinery. Work closely with the site manager and account manager to provide successful chemical treatment programs for a valuable customer. They will conduct routine chemical and physical analyses by running tests required for research development or QC of processes or procedures. Working independently at times or within a team to complete projects. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ability to resolve less complex problems, while more complex problems are assigned to next level.
- Work with pumps, generators, hoses, and fittings
- Chemical Transferring & deliveries
- Moving materials, components and other products
- Collection of process samples
- Daily laboratory testing of oil and water samples to insure conformance to key chemical treatment parameters
- Documentation and submittal of lab results to account managers
- Ordering and inventory of lab supplies and general lab maintenance
- Assist account managers with in plant duties including loading/unloading treatment chemicals, chemical pump monitoring, chemical tank inventories, chemical injection system repair
- Performing other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma with 5+ years' exp. in a lab environment OR Industrial site OR Associate's with 3+ years' experience OR Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years' experience.
- Industrial or chemical / refinery plant experience
- Must be able to successfully pass US Coast Guard Drug & Alcohol Testing Regulations
- Clean Driving record & able to obtain a TWIC Card
- College degree with chemistry coursework
- Laboratory experience using wet chemistry testing methods
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of how to perform additive injections
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Experience working with pumps, generators, hoses and fittings.
- Company Vehicle provided
- Travel to various surrounding sites.
- On Call 24/7
Texas City, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more