The machinist will be required to carry out machining of company equipment to a high standard, adhering to all HSE policies and in a timely manner.Essential Responsibilities:
- Read and understand engineering drawings & specifications, including GD&T
- Ensure the set up and operating of equipment, tooling and fixtures is appropriate.
- Responsible for moving, loading/unloading, transporting, storing, stacking, recording materials, tooling, fixtures, consumables as required.
- Inspecting incoming materials, tooling, consumables to ensure complying to GE standards.
- Adhere to Company Safety and Environmental policies.
- Adhere to site work instructions.
- Time served with HNC/C&G or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent).
- Ability to operate various Machine Tools competently.
- Able to produce programs by hand.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Can work using own initiative.
- Fanuc Controls would be an advantage
- Logical, rational thinker with the ability to analyse problems and solve.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Strong computer skills are an advantage.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Positive attitude to new ideas
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more