A Lead Engineer within the Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer's specification / requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design solutions to meet the design or maintenance requirements. He should ensure that the design is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design.Essential Responsibilities:
- Execute and lead the given engineering tasks and projects (Independently or part of a team), according to company and international standards and procedures.
- Create /Review /Approval of engineering Parts /Documents /Procedures /Study Reports/ Design/Requirement as per industry and company guidelines
- Concept and detailed engineering documentation development in 2D and 3D environment such as CREO and PLM system
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation as well as industry standards.
- Work with Factory acceptance test procedures, Operational & Maintenance procedures and inspection/ test reports.
- Provide engineering support to Workshop and clients
- Adhere to and meet Engineering work schedules.
- BEng Hons Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Fully proficient with CREO or other 3D CAD system and application of GD&T
- Experience and knowledge within mechanical design
- Basic understanding of hydraulic systems design
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Good English communication skills both oral and written
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous:
- Oil & Gas subsea equipment product line knowledge.
- Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
- Experience in working with Teamcenter
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more