This Road Safety Lead position is part of the Operational HSSE discipline
Implement Road Safety standards and guidelines across DS in India, influence internal and external stakeholders (Authorities, Industry fora, contractors) in practicing pro-active HSSE Management, and provide independent assurance to responsible countries to ensure continuous HSSE improvements and ultimately delivery goal zero
- Member of the Road Safety Downstream regional team and possibility local business leadership team and country road safety team.
- Accountable for specific road safety plans that are embedded in the business, which are in line with Group and DS strategies both for light and heavy good vehicles
- Lead, motivate and coach the countries in road safety, enabling them to drive Road safety programmes across the downstream businesses
- Work and Influence the local Key stakeholders (Regional/cluster COB business managers and HSSE Managers) to ensure overall Road safety performance improvements are achieved and the Road Safety Program meets regional needs.
- Work with the businesses to implement global Road Safety Standards, Tools and Best Practices with in the countries.
- Provide assurance for the classes of business to ensure compliance with regulatory, applicable industry and Shell road safety requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationship with statutory authorities, industry groups, manufacturers and other FDGs and SMEs (eg Fatigue Management) within the Shell group.
- Support Road Safety CSR ambitions of Country Chair and India Road safety CSR plan, along with advocacy work.
- Represent Shell in industry meetings, Road Safety related events
- Influence, together with the COBs, hauliers and hired carriers to develop implement and monitor plans to improve transport HSSE performance and social investment programs within the decade of action
- Participate in Group audits as Road Safety SME, transportation HSSE audits, facilitate incident investigations and tripod
- Support regional and global team in different projects
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements
HSSE&SP Management in ShellK/SHSSE Leadership SupportSHSSE Risk Management Preparation SupportSHSSE Risk Management Application SupportSHSSE&SP Cross Discipline IntegrationKRoad SafetySContractor SafetyKBehavioural SafetySIncident Investigation and LearningSDisclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.