The Project Engineer will be responsible for conducting feasibility studies for client sites, serving as a technical expert internally, supporting sales in discussions with customer technical personnel, reviewing external engineering designs and major equipment specifications. The Applications Engineer will work with the Director of Applications Engineering to ensure proper commissioning, maintenance, and measurement and verification plans are in place for all sites.
This position reports directly to the Director of Applications Engineering and will work closely with Project Management and the Director of Operations on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities:
- Lead feasibility studies for the integration of cogeneration systems of Unison Energy's clients including site surveys.
- Establish design standards and procedures to manage the work of engineers of record as well as the project teams
- Provide oversight and assistance with writing and editing of program documents, specifications, and equipment selection for CHP design, installation, commissioning, control, and monitoring functions.
- Develop discipline and project objectives, requirements and budgets with CEO, project management, operations, and finance.
- Lead all technical and regulatory application processes for multiple installation sites including development and submission of utility interconnect applications.
- Attend customer meetings as needed to support sales discussions regarding technical topics with customer engineers.
- Personally, conduct or delegate job-site inspections to ensure projects are adhering to specifications and design intent.
- Participate in reviews with all governing agencies for code compliance in relation to laws, and regulations, codes, and ordinances.
- Participate and lead discipline meetings and design reviews with engineers of record, vendors, and project management staff.
- Adhere to schedule requirements for all phases of project development within the engineering discipline as well as project management and operations.
- Support and or lead an internal design review process for each site
- Support Director of Applications Engineering for any technical questions or system troubleshooting.
- Attend regional and national seminars and conventions to improve or develop new engineering methods to improve efficiency, technique, and quality.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years minimum experience with experience in the energy sector, combined heat and power or utility applications preferred.
- Participate in an atmosphere of teamwork and individual accountability within the company.
- Extensive knowledge of building code.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.