The Civil Engineering Manager will manage third party consultants as well as engineering service agreements, engineering documentation, project design and invoice schedules on utility scale wind, solar and storage projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer with renewable energy experience or a Senior Engineer with Site Land Development experience look to break into the renewable energy industry. You will be working for a large international renewable energy owner, developer and operator in a full time direct hire position. Responsibilities
- Manage deliverables for projects and upload to applicable systems as necessary to support design, construction, and turn over to Operations
- Provide the preliminary internal engineering needed to support the development pipeline including providing preliminary high-level design drawings for civil and electrical facility
- Assist to manage civil engineering agreements including aerial survey, ALTA survey, geotechnical investigation, foundation design, public and private road design, and Operations & Maintenance building
- Assist to ensure timely and accurate production of quality civil engineering plans, studies, and specifications while maintaining compliance with department, project, company, and industry requirements and standards
- Interpret, review, and occasionally prepare plans, calculations, specifications, drawings, and documents related to engineering and construction pertaining to civil infrastructure of the project
- Ensure that final construction documentation accurately reflects the installed facility and is complete for all project work
- Serve as an interface between the Engineering group and internal clients including Transmission & Interconnection, Development, Construction, Operations, Environmental, Estimation, Energy Assessment, Health & Safety, Procurement, Legal, and Central Technical Direction to facilitate interdepartmental relationships
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensure
- 5+ years of design and engineering experience
- 1+ years of engineering project management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable industry standards and codes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of land surveying methods and practices, aerial photography and mapping, and geospatial references
- Proficient knowledge of all applicable aspects of the civil engineering discipline including expert knowledge in at least two subject matter areas
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD, GIS, and other discipline-relevant software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.