Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Engineer will provide subsystem management and integration oversight in support of the Level 2 Gateway Structures and Mechanisms System Team, and provide system requirements development and interpretation, including deviations and alternate standards, as it pertains to the NASA Technical.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides subsystem management and integration oversight in support of the Level 2 Gateway Structures and Mechanisms System Team.
- Provides system requirements development and interpretation, including deviations and alternate standards, as it pertains to the NASA Technical.
- Authority Design and Construction Standards and Subsystem Specifications for structures and mechanical systems.
- Provides support to Program milestone and Safety reviews.
- Provides review of design and verification documentation related to Gateway Structural and Mechanisms systems and hardware.
- Evaluates designs and performs technical and safety assessments. Identifies areas needing independent verification and validation.
- Reviews and participates in test and verification of Gateway hardware.
- Provides technical support to Program Office, Boards and Panel meetings.
- Integrates with other technical disciplines to solve technical issues.
- Travels as needed to other NASA centers and commercial partner facilities, international and domestic, in support of duties.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and four (4) years of direct engineering experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, be able to work in a team, and develop cooperative relationships with NASA and commercial partners.
- Strong structural design experience including familiarization with analysis tools and testing methods.
- Experience with NASA structural, mechanical, and safety standards and their application.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience with hardware and operations in direct engineering experience on manned space vehicles.
- Working knowledge and experience with Orion, Commercial Crew, Shuttle, and/or International Space Station design and verification documentation and requirements.
- Systems Engineering experience/background or a desire to learn systems engineering.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.