Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for implementing, developing, testing, supporting and installing our Linux based AGV software suite (both on a SCADA level and on an embedded/vehicle level). Working in a multidisciplinary team, the Engineer will be responsible for making sure that the software systems meet the customer specifications and work within their site constraints. The Engineer provides both logistical and technical insight to create solutions that provide optimal automation performance and is responsible for the successful installation at the customer site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing, developing and testing the control software for AGVs;
- Interfacing the vehicle software to vehicle control hardware such as motor controllers, proximity detectors, and wheel encoders;
- Commissioning and handover of AGVs to the customers at their site;
- Troubleshooting and fixing software issues;
- Testing the application software and interfaces to the vehicle;
- Providing support for field issues.
- Analyzing and optimize material flow and vehicle performance;
- Continuously improving our processes and procedures to optimize development efficiency;
- Up to 25% travel (domestic and international) required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Technical Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Automation Technology, or Information Technology
- Minimum 3 years of experience in writing application software for Mobile Robotics applications;
- Must have experience with linux operating systems, programming in linux, control dynamics and driving robots, object oriented analysis &design methodologies and design patterns, writing multithreaded software, programming serial, can and network communications (udp and tcp), writing control systems, networking hardware and software including udp and tcp, writing requirements, design documentation, and test cases, controlling autonomous robots, programming in c++, c and python, reading, understanding, debugging and modifying existing product code, reading and understanding wiring diagrams, and electronic and electromechanical devices such as analog inputs and outputs, quadrature encodes, relays, solenoids, and proximity sensors.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.