Skills: Warehouse Person, Workshop
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Work individually and as a team to setup, assemble, and run test programs for various oilfield completion tools to meet test qualifications outlined by industry standard or engineering team. Maintain testing equipment through scheduled maintenance and keep lab and testing areas clean. Provide support for the engineering teams as needed to meet their testing goals.
- Know and understand Weatherford's enterprise excellence program and the quality policy and comply with all requirements of the quality systems manual, operating and technical procedures, and workplace instructions.
- Assist with maintaining equipment in good working order.
- Assist with moving equipment to the rig.
- Assist with helping engineering putting tools together.
- Assist with operating test equipment (Triplex Pump, Centrifugal Pumps, Flow Systems, Hydraulic Pumps, Manual and Pneumatic Valves, etc.)
- Assist with the conclusion of test setups and store equipment properly.
- Maintain the appearance of Rig area and pipe yard.
- Clean up test facility and test equipment as required.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Carry out work assignments to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 2 - 4 years of experience working on a drilling rig.
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience operating material handling equipment (Forklift, Overhead Hoist, etc.).
- Experience using hand tools (Pipe Wrench, Adjustable Wrench, Screwdriver, Measuring Tape, etc.).
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to follow oral instructions.
- Ability to physically respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings/prints and tool layouts.
- Safety Certified
- Experienced in drilling rig and maintenance operations.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work in outside (cold & hot) environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Must reside in or near Houston, TX
- Must be able and willing to work 7am-3:30pm with occasional afterhours and weekends on test rig.
- Oilfield/lab environment experience.
- Experience working on mud pump.
- Working derricks and in riding belt.
- Experience operating a forklift, hoist, or crane.
- Experience assembling test casing and/or Oilfield tools.
- Driling rig mud pump, draw works, derrick maintenance experience.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.