In this position, you will primarily act as an employee advocate and partner to our people leaders on all issues related to Human Resources. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.
Specific Scope/Client Groups:
Scope: 200-260 employees Essential Responsibilities:
- Engaging with the business on identifying staffing plans, controlling the headcount through approval of raised requisitions
- Undertaking analysis for offer terms in line with agreed salary matrixes and with agreement with Snr HR Partner
- Controlling compliance of approvals and compensation guidelines
- Training managers on interviewing, auditing the interviewing process for compliance
- Review of recruitment and onboarding through regular discussions with the Hiring and Onboarding teams. Discussion on feedback from the business and candidates to see opportunities for improvement and implement them together with senior HR Partners.
- Knowledge of HR requirements and employment legislation
- Aligning offers, transfers, promotions and other compensation related actions within agreed salary matrixes and budgets of the business and with agreement from the Snr HR Partner
- Regularly engage with the business to review the compensation cost metrics and ensure any compensation changes are aligned to the business budgets.
- Manage employee relations issues and ensure concerns are properly investigated, reported & resolved
- Assure compliance with all applicable local laws and corporate policies/guidelines, and identify opportunities to develop and implement new practices/guidelines to achieve business goals.
- Coaching on HR policies - Ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Providing HR advice and support in relating to discipline and grievance investigations and hearings
- Highlighting best talent for new challenges and opportunities
- Engage with business leaders and senior HR Partners during succession planning, development programs nominations, training nominations.
- Support Talent Management framework through educating employees on valued competences and skills, encourage development of valued competences and skills through formal training, mentoring, new work projects
- Engaging with the business managers and senior HR Partners to recommend organizational structure
- Maintain org standards for org structure in key roles' reporting lines, number of layers and management span
Other tasks as assigned.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management or equivalent
- Proven experience in HR field. Supporting a variety of employee groups
- Experience of handling employee relations (including disciplinary and grievances)
- Experience of supporting a business with regards to human capital planning activities
- CIPD qualified
- Legal authorization to work in the United Kingdom is required
- Must be available to work remotely at other UK locations potentially for 1 out of 4 weeks per month (20-25% travel)
- Experience of handling management of change projects under supervision with the Senior HR Partner.
- Providing HR solutions for the business leaders under the supervision of a Senior HR Partner.
- Knowledge of the business, financial acumen, understanding of how product/service turns into revenue, understanding of cost constituents, understanding of how to influence the cost, readiness to impact business results through HR solutions.
- Knowledge of leadership competences for talent ID.
- Ability to communicate using various methods and with a wide variety of personnel
- Computer and analytical skills
· Ability to work as part of a dispersed team as well as on own initiative
· Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of HR requirements in manufacturing/chemical environment
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more