Job Description Where you fit
If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, this role will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of some of the most ground-breaking projects anywhere in the industry.
The New Energies Business in Shell is developing quickly and is actively pursuing many opportunities across the globe. Spend levels are increasing and the ambitions are significant. Realizing these ambitions is seen as critical in Shells transformation in years to come.What's the role?
The Contract and Procurement (CP) Lead will be responsible for ensuring that all contracting and procurement matters for Mayflower are in accordance with legislation, ethical practices, procurement policies and tender requirements. The CP Lead will take the lead in and determine best overall strategy to deliver cost effective solutions under its area of responsibility.
The successful candidate will create leading supply chains through strong CP Development and Execution-phase work; such that Mayflower is set-up with a best in class supply chain.
The successful candidate will be based at Mayflower office located in Boston (Shell Tech Works) and should expect some travelling to meet with international suppliers and occasional visits to the corporate offices of EDPR in Houston and/or Europe.Accountabilities:
- Responsible for definition and execution of negotiation strategies for each of the project contracting packages. Liaise with end users to develop and review technical scope/commercial packages for competitive tender events.
- Lead the Requests for Proposals (RFPs), reviewing and levelizing vendor proposals, and negotiating contracts that result in the best value possible.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in understanding the US offshore wind supply chain market and lead negotiation of contracts and inform other strategic decisions regarding relationships with suppliers in support of other areas of Mayflower.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance on all procurement issues, playing a pivotal role and involving as required other Project areas such as: Legal, Finance, Wind Assessment, Technical, Project Management, etc.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum seven (7+) years' experience in contracts negotiation, delivering, supply chain, and project management.
- Offshore wind experience preferred.
- Proven track record commercial acumen (e.g. contract management, contractor performance management, negotiations).
- Travel Expected: Max 30%, domestically and internationally, by plane and by car and with short notice.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.