Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Purchasing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosyth, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To support the Supply Chain Manager and Purchasing Team by maximising purchasing power to improve competitive edge and to deliver best value, price, quality, on-time delivery, utilising purchasing tools and techniques in line with recognised best practice, legal and policy requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- *Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards
- *General work direction is given and completed; assignments and/or work is reviewed to ensure compliance with processes, standards and policies of the organisation
- *May instruct/coach others and may supervise individual contributors to ensure the work completion is as per set standards and procedures
- Involvement in supply chain strategy and approach, aiding towards global goals & objectives
- Deliver aggressive year on year savings targets against project budgets in line with procedures
- Preparation for bid work i.e. Approved Vendor Listing (AVL) and ad-hoc requirements
- Develop, lead and manage the procurement process for project specific raw materials
- Procurement of raw material safety stock and responsible for monitoring safety stock levels
- Forecast long lead raw material items to suppliers to ensure demand can be met and highlight to the business any potential risks to supply
- Ensure silo material is always kept to an optimum level and forecast usage to supplier
- Weekly review of P6 to ensure deliveries are in line with the latest site carousel plan
- Maintenance of fixed pricing schedules, maximizing long term agreements and ensuring global requirements are considered
- Set up and management of company leases or service agreements including forklift trucks, photocopiers, car leases and cleaning contractor
- Manage intercompany transactions, inventory movements ensuring deadlines are met
- Support stage gate review and creation of project budgets.
- Deputising for Supply Chain Manager when required
- Support buyers in the team with supplier issues through to resolution to ensure on time supply and to maintain good relations
- Supplier selection and negotiations including terms and conditions, incoterms, payment terms, pricing and service levels.
- Creation and distributions of monthly raw material pricing report
- Participation in AFE Projects inclusive of terms and agreement negotiation, ensuring that theproject is brought in under budget and within the given time frame
- Review and sign off for PO's raised by Purchasing Assistant, ensuring compliance with procedures and cost saving initiatives.
- Delegate tasks where appropriate in the absence of the Supply Chain Manager.
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions.
- Support Quality in vendor related non-conformances and development, ensuring lessons learned are executed fully
- Support other divisions within the Rosyth campus as required
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Displays required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs including carrying out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- This position has limitedsupervisory responsibilities (see above).
- Typically holds degree and/or certification* in area of specialty.
- Experience in a buyer/senior buyer role (5-10 years in such a role and within a manufacturing company)
- *CIPS Qualification achieved.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal - strong interpersonal skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Able to work on own initiative and also part of a team
- Competent in ERP System
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self motivated
- Problem solving
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
§ Lift up to 20 pounds
§ Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
§ Lift up to 10 pounds
§ Repetitive movements of arms and hands
§ Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.