The Materials Planner will be responsible for production planning. The successful candidate will play a key role in driving on time delivery, optimising supply vs demand, and achieving business goals. The role includes coordination of both internal production schedules and some external vendor requirements.Essential Responsibilities:
- Managing the material planning processes by preparing and updating production and purchased material schedules.
- Translating the order book into production work orders and purchase requisitions.
- Coordinating and expediting material flow to ensure consistent availability for production.
- Optimizing on hand inventory values in line with demand.
- Ensuring that documentation is completed and correct according to applicable specifications and standards.
- Generating and analyzing forecasts to provide visibility of future requirements to all stakeholders.
- Managing product lead times in line with market expectations, resource, and capacity.
- Actively looking for and driving improvement opportunities to increase productivity.
- Ensuring compliance to planning and purchasing procedures.
- Maintaining the integrity of the MRP system.
- Updating customer care and sales functions with delivery dates for open orders.
- Building and maintaining cross functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of planning and executing tasks in a high pace and often-changing environment.
- Experience of material and production planning and use of ERP systems.
- GCSE English, Maths, Science Grade C or above.
- Competent in office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with SAP (desired).
- APICS CPIM qualified (desired).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities workloads.
- Hands on and proactive attitude.
- LEAN experience.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and positive.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more