About this job:
The ASPIRE Traineeship is designed to enable fresh graduates who recently competed a Bachelor-level degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Technology majors hands-on work experience as the foundation to their professional life and, depending on performance, be first-in-line for an ongoing career opportunity.
The traineeship is a 6-month, structured learning experience that offers practical work experience in the Oil and Gas Industry while undertaking one core complex project to generate value for Baker Hughes and act as a vehicle for you to demonstrate your capability and commitment. In addition to project execution you will have the opportunity to explore different aspects of the Baker Hughes business which may open potential opportunities for your ongoing employment. Furthermore, you will build your network within the industry.
During the traineeship you will have the opportunity to become familiar with Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) requirements, participate in technically focused on-job training, participate in team meetings, as well as working on projects and presenting the results to business leaders. You will also be expected to complete all assigned tasks in the agreed timelines and take the opportunity to demonstrate your capability of exceeding requirements.
The ASPIRE Traineeship will give you first-hand insights into the processes, systems and practices that are aligned to ensure that customer needs are met through flawless execution and the application of leading-edge technology in challenging work environments.
If you join Baker Hughes as an ASPIRE Trainee you would have first-hand experience of our culture by participating in a structured learning environment that will use, and enhance the knowledge and skills gained from your degree program. Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with business teams to document existing processes and identify areas to digitize or streamline the process
- Assist the Digital Technology team supporting the business on various initiatives related to billing & collections, localization, mobility harmonization and infrastructure uplift
- Collaborate with multiple teams within Digital Technology and the local enabling functions to monitor and coordinate Digital Technology infrastructure initiatives
- Support the Digital Technology team with any troubleshooting or service delivery requests
- Shadow Digital Technology team members, including joining meetings, as an opportunity to learn key tasks and activities
- Receive active coaching and mentoring
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) standards in all situations using Baker Hughes systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture
Locations: Manama, BahrainPreferred qualification/requirements:
- Legal right to work without restrictions and/or company sponsorship in Bahrain.
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor's Degree program in Computer Science, CIS, Computer Engineering, IT Security, ITM, Informatics, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, MIS, Security and Risk Analysis or relevant STEM majors, such as Data Science or Math, or software/IT accelerator program.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
- Recent graduate within the last 6 months
- Fluent in English and Arabic (oral and written)
Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, a high "say-do" ratio (execute on your commitments), teamwork and collaboration, drive for results, and initiative in addition to the following:
- Evidence of paid or unpaid work
- Involvement in student societies or volunteer work
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.