Instruments sustenance Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group to meet assigned objectives. In this role he/she will execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support for assigned instruments such as smart positioners, electronic assemblies or systems that meet business standards and product requirements.Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintain sustenance of global product definition required to define and support control valve instruments and accessories, assemblies or systems that meet corporate engineering standards and New Product Introduction program requirements. To handle the electronic element/component obsolescence and work with software team. Prepare and present technical data in design reviews to chief/principal engineers and global engineering approval committees. Document the work in PLM, eDRB and other corporate document repositories Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives such as cost out, design automation using Microsoft VBA/scripts. Work on CAD packages and ERP such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, SAP, Oracle Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in electronics /instrumentation/ mechatronics from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2- 4 years of experience in an engineering or other technical position.
- Adequate skill on CAD packages and ERP such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, SAP, Oracle
- Adequate skill on testing electronic circuit assembly /Labview
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong product structuring expertise, Exposure in NPI / IP processes.
- Exposure in international technical/ regulatory standards and codes such as IEC/SIL/ATEX/ NEMA and NEC
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more