Hanover, Maryland, United States
Hanover, Maryland, United States
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Oceaneering AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
AGV System Engineer will apply advanced technical knowledge to the estimation, design, production and implementation of Oceaneering AGV systems. The Project System Engineer will work with Business Development to develop technical solutions and prepare proposals for their implementation. The Project System Engineer assists the Project Manager in defining and managing resource requirements, schedule, and cost for projects under his/her cognizance. The System Engineer guides the overall technical approach and provides direction for all other engineering disciplines throughout the project from initial concept to successful installation. The System Engineer is responsible for ensuring the correct technical solution is developed to meet the Customers' stated needs within project schedule and budget.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Develops detailed specifications and proposals based on initial customer requirements.
- Develops long-term relationships with customers.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and budgets for proposed solutions.
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions.
- Proactively manages technical risk throughout a project including hazard analysis and FMEA.
- Develops test plans and acceptance criteria, oversees test execution.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Interacts with customer technical representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Supports the Project Manager to maintain budget and schedule.
- Uses team management skills to lead the engineering group's technical efforts throughout system development.
- Assesses vendors for technical competence and capability.
- Travels to customer facilities for technical working sessions and system installations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Technical Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
- At least five years engineering or Project Management experience in complex system design, manufacturing, and integration environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical groups toward the completion of technical objectives.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills for analyzing problems, preparing solutions and estimating budgets.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 design requirements, experience with Auto CAD or similar CAD drafting package, as well as general computer skills.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.