Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
AUV Offshore Technical Specialist VT-2 primary duty will be as an AUV technical specialist.
The position of AUV Offshore Technical Specialist VT-2 exists for the purpose of carrying out required tasks in the field for AUV survey projects, as requested by the AUV Offshore Technical Manager for AUV maintenance, launch and recovery activities. In addition, this position shall make sure all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures. Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains AUV and related equipment to minimize downtime.
- Coordinates and communicates with AUV Offshore Technical Manager.
- Works with AUV Offshore Technical Manager to ensure AUV reliability and maintenance.
- Manages and carries out specific job tasks as requested by AUV Offshore Technical Manager.
- Responsible for care, maintenance and inventory of company equipment, specifically AUV and associated equipment.
- Responsible for daily communication and planning of AUV maintenance with AUV O/S Technical Manager.
- Complies with company safety rules and training, conducts operations safely and reports any unsafe conditions or practices immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Assists new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures.
- Participates in daily Job Safety Analysis (JSEA), Safety Toolbox Meetings, etc.
- Participates in AUV Launch and Recovery operations.
- Assists and maintains reports.
- Understands AUV technical operations.
- All other duties assigned.
- Two (2) or more years' experience in the AUV or another related technical field.
- Must be proficient with mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Must have valid driver's license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements.
- Two-year degree or equivalent.
- Current security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance.
- Experience in supervisory position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
Team Leadership/ Decision Making/ Planning and Organizing/ Developing Others:
- Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Shares knowledge and resources and encourages the same of others.
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively.
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to conduct training for an appropriate audience.
Health and Safety/ Technology/ Stress Management/ Flexibility:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections and accident prevention.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and health as it relates to employees and the public.
- Skill to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments as well as adverse conditions such as weather, equipment problems and job conditions.
- Have a good sense of direction (able to self-navigate).
- Be able to perform basic field calculations.
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance.
Client Focus/ Communication/ Ethics and Integrity:
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer service.
- Respond to clients in a positive and truthful manner.
- Solves customer problems quickly and effectively.
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Maintain inter-office and project confidentiality.
- Respond politely to members of the community.
- Working as a team member/ getting along with co-workers.
- Responding in a positive manner to supervision.
This position is considered OFFSHORE
which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lifts 50-100 pounds.
- Sits, twists, crawls, climbs stairs/ ladders, and uses repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Operates small water vessel or ATV.
- Lifts 25-50 pounds.
- Wears PPE for head, hands.
- Operates a motor vehicle.
- Balances, stoops, kneels, squats, crouches, reaches with hands and arms, and lifts/carries objects, handles or feels.
- Differentiates between colors.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Lifts 10-20 pounds.
- Stands and walks.
- Wears PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus.
- Hears all ranges.
- Wears steel toed shoes/ boots.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.