Skills: Directional Driller, Field Service Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general supervision, provides on-site supervision of the Directional Drilling (DD) process including projection of well path to predetermined target coordinates. Understands principles of Bottom Hole assembly (BHA) selection and aspects of DD performance and ensures that BHA's are assembled as planned including correct make-up torque, doping and handling.
- Proficient in the use of Directional Drilling computer software and able to assist in provision of advice and analysis to the client representative at the well site. This shall include all survey calculations and well path projections.
- Proficient in updating well profile plots and providing client representative with accurate directional survey data. Aware of client's requirements with regards to surveying procedures.
- Assists in the completion of a daily Directional Drilling report, BHA performance report for each BHA run, completion of all service tickets and relevant paperwork (well data spreadsheet, lesson learned/best practice, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) forms).
- Familiar with the Directional Drilling aspects of the client's approved drilling program. Assists in the inspection of all Directional Drilling company equipment delivered on the work site.
- Interfaces with the MWD engineer to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied.
- Ensure that all equipment is laid out after use in accordance with company procedures and manifested for backload at the end of the job.
- Maintains records of all Directional Drilling equipment at well site including dimensional data and condition.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree (STEM discipline preferred), or equivalent experience, to include Military Training.
- Ideal candidate should have 1- 2 years Directional Drilling experience on Offshore and/or Land-based applications.
- Minimum 3 years driller/tool pusher or higher job exposure, or as a directional survey, or M/LWD engineer and verified through a pre-employment knowledge and skill assessment.
- Requires ability to read and interpret designed well plans, directional survey information and other well site data. Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude of required standards.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills along with a proactive attitude in service quality and HSE .
- Must possess good communication, arithmetic, data entry and recording skills. Must possess relevant rig safety certificates. This is a field position.
- Candidate should have rotary steerable experience and steerable motor experience.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule mainly on offshore applications. No set work schedule
- Must live within 4 hour drive of Lafayette, LA.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Field Professional I or Field Professional II Directional Drilling
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
4607 Hwy 90 E, Broussard, Louisiana, 70518, United States
Requisition Number: 80441
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.