Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
The Sr Quality Systems Engineer / Supplier Quality Engineer performs general QE duties as part of the OTECH Quality team and is additionally focused on our Quality Management System(QMS) and Supplier Quality Management (SQM). The Senior Quality Engineer reports to the OTECH Quality Director directly and supports both project-specific and OTECH-wide quality initiatives. Duties & Responsibilities
Quality Management Systems Focus - OTECH is currently both ISO 9001/2015 registered and CMMI 1.3 level 3 assessed. In addition, OTECH works under NOTE5000 on several projects. The Senior Quality Engineer - SQM/Systems leads efforts to ensure OTECH's QMS continues to meet these various Quality System requirements.
- Maintain the QMS policies and procedures, best practices, performance measures and metrics, and continuous improvement methods. Lead efforts to ensure ISO9001 and CMMI requirements are met while meeting business needs.
- Support external audits/assessments (i.e. ISO, CMMI, Note5000). Participate in and/or lead internal audits.
- Provide support to Continuous Improvement Initiatives and training on Continuous Improvement as requested by other OTECH functional departments. This includes conducting internal audits and surveillances of OTECH Processes, executing any related CAPA (corrective and Preventative Action), and supporting/leading OTECH Process Improvement projects.
SQM Focus- This area of focus requires working with SCM and project personal on Supplier Quality related efforts, including Supplier Qualification Audits, Supplier Process Audits, contributing to / maintaining an Approved Vendor list, etc.
- Conduct supplier validation audits.
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process.
- Lead the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks.
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues.
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues.
- Collate and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Work with the supplier directly, create correction action plans to address process failures.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Coordinate efforts with OTECH Supply Chain Management to maintain our Approved Vendor List.
General QE Duties: The Senior Quality Engineer assists with defining the expectations and verification requirements within the core processes of Oceaneering and OTECH's quality culture. The Quality Engineer supports OTECH Management in the establishment and maintenance of an environment where quality systems are effectively integrated into all aspects of OTECH and everyone in the organization is engaged in Continuous Improvement to improve process efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Align goals with the strategic plan of the business. These should be based on the COPQ (Cost Of Poor Quality), measured waste, customer feedback, process metrics, risk assessments, reports of nonconformance, root cause and corrective actions, audits and surveillances, external audits, ISO requirements, CMMI requirements and other outputs of quality processes.
- Ensure requirements that are critical to quality (CTQ) are defined, understood and are aligned with current capabilities and are managed to ensure conformance.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of OTECH customer quality requirements.
- Develop and improve upon processes that are based upon items deemed CTQ and Critical to Process (CTP).
- Identify, measure, analyze, and report the cost of poor quality (COPQ). Make recommendations to OTECH leadership on corrective actions required to reduce COPQ.
- Utilize quality management principle as a means to follow-up and ensure actions from improvement teams are integrated and effective.
- Support/lead periodic OTECH Quality Management Reviews to track progress of Quality Initiatives. Ensure Management Awareness and Participation in Quality, and direct Quality objective.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Travel ( 25%) to Supplier locations will be required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field. Commensurate and demonstrated experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum 5-8 years of Quality Assurance experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality management systems and principles and a variety of operational excellence processes.
- Knowledge/Experience in ISO 9001/2015 and CMMI for Development environment.
- Previous training and/or experience in the following areas:
- Supplier Qualification Audits
- Supplier Process Audits
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees ranging from the shop floor to executive management and with partners in remote locations.
- Previous training and/or experience in the following areas:
- Geometric tolerancing
- ISO Auditing
- Ability to read an Engineering drawing.
- Practical experience in Root Cause Analysis.
- The ability to obtain security clearance may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Certification as an ASQ CQE and CQA (American Society for Quality, Certified Quality Engineer and Certified Quality Auditor).
- Training in Six Sigma. Lean management certification desired (Green Belt).
- Knowledge/Experience in a Note-5000 environment.
- Knowledge/Experience in Risk Management.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.