Skills: Ships Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Meets the competency standards as listed in STCW'95 Table A-III/2 and has the ability to handle situations unsupervised but shows good judgement in situations where the chief engineer needs to be advised.
- Has thorough knowledge of USCG and international regulations such as MARPOL, SOLAS and ISGOTT and working knowledge of Classification Society and flag state requirements.
- Familiar with industry best practice procedures for enclosed space entry, hot work, Lockout /Tag out, pollution prevention, working aloft, safe lifting.
- Recognizes the importance of the First Assistant Engineer's position on board as one of the primary persons responsible for protecting people and the environment and devotes their energies accordingly.
- Has the technical competency to work without recourse to the chief engineer. Detects abnormal situations in operations at a very early stage and uses a logical and methodical approach to determine the nature of and solution to the problem.
- Demonstrates the ability to make independent decisions in all areas of his / duties.
- Participates in and leads daily, monthly and toolbox safety meetings.
- Manages on board inventory economically without prejudicing safety or the vessels operation.
- Communicates effectively, with VMT, subordinates and personnel ashore, in a calm and respectful manner.
- Acts as a role model to junior officers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards the job and the people on board, fosters good working relationships, teamwork and a productive safe working environment.
- Actively promotes and supports diversity.
- Key member of the on-board management team and plays an active part in the overall running of the vessel.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Workplace Inclusion & Diversity
Chevron seeks to attract and develop the brightest minds to support, advance and enable best practices, innovation and evolving the energy landscape.
- Chevron is striving to be an employer of choice and leader for an inclusive and diverse workplace where we are actively supporting the promotion of equality for all employees at all levels.
- Chevron is working to close any gender gap where it may exist; equal pay or enabling a representative and meritocratic progression to careers and reaching senior roles across the organisation.
- Chevron is focused on growing a culture where people with disabilities can excel through support in role and long-term career opportunities including workplace adjustments.
- Chevron considers itself a learning and flexible employer and want to support everyone to bring their best self to every day.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at EuropeHRSSRecruitment@Chevron.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as permissable by local law(s).
Chevron Group will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Chevron. Anyone who requests or requires a fee is not an authorised Chevron representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.