Skills: Field Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview : Provide experts guidance, in the process of defining, designing, implementing and sustaining optimal solutions for Liquid Frameworks Field FX, EAM and associated SAP business processes. Key outcomes and responsibilities include functional design, documentation, testing, training, support and continuous improvement of company-wide operational applications to ensure consistent fit, functionality, utilization and control.
This is a safety sensitive position
Reports to : Region Controller or Dispatch Supervisor
Directs Reports : None
- Analyzes and evaluates existing business functions and processes related to Field Work Tickets, Price Books, Field Dispatch, Field Analytics, Enterprise Asset Management and SAP Order to Cash process.
- Interacts with functional process owners and users to identify, define and document operational needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems and business requirements
- Interacts with users to interpret and clarify functional details and process change requirements involving Field FX, EAM and targeted SAP processes.
- Performs unit and integration testing and troubleshoots problems with the Field operational applications after release strategy changes and/or upgrades and other functional changes have been created.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users corporate IS&T personnel in the analysis, design, testing and maintenance of operational applications to ensure optimal system performance
- Tracks and documents changes in functional and business specifications and writes detailed procedures that can be easily understood by end-users
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes in partnership with process owners and management through operational applications
- Provides technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional staff on matters related to assigned area
- Complies with Corporate IT processes for ITIL management (Incident and Change Management).
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration or relevant professional experience
- Deep subject matter expertise in the respective business discipline and related business processes supported, as well as expertise in the use and support of related Field FX modules, methods and procedures
- Experience delivering, training and managing mobile devices within field operations
- Experience with functional/business integration between Field FX and ERP platforms
- Strong inter-personal relationship skills and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to identify/define technology solutions delivering required business capabilities
- Knowledge/skill to objectively assess benefits, costs, and viability of proposed solution options- Knowledge of business process design and ability to drive process improvement initiatives
- Ability to develop clear, thorough functional design specifications that drive effective solution development
- Knowledge of effective testing practices and methodologies
- Ability to effectively utilize available tools and resources (internal and external) to resolve issues
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, and Project
- 3 years' experience supporting Salesforce managed package environment
- Knowledge of system development life-cycle methodologies with experience throughout the full project lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience in Oilfield Services & Equipment or Oil & Gas industries
Physical requirements and Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Walking, occasional lifting up to 35 lbs., bending
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use
- Finger agility for keyboarding
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment