Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
He/She reports to the Marketing Communication Manager. Art Directors and Graphic Designers report into this position. He/She works closely with MarCom Managers and their teams, Editorial Services Manager, Customer Engagement Team, Digital Marketing Team, Tradeshow and Event Team, Media Relations Team, Multimedia Team, and the Corporate Communications Team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Creative and brand quality assurance
1.1. Review and approve drafts of external digital and print collateral and communications, including products and services pages on slb.com, case studies, tech reports, product sheets, brochures, social media campaigns, e-mails, animations, and trade show content.
1.2. Ensure content follows the guidelines set forth in the style and brand guides to maintain consistency and quality in Schlumberger publications, safeguard the Schlumberger brand, and protect Schlumberger intellectual property, as outlined in the Communications Handbook and the Identity Guidelines and Graphic Standards.
1.3. Provide content strategy for new and existing technology campaigns to increase website traffic and generate leads.
1.4. Attend Editorial Review Board meetings to provide feedback as necessary on current MarCom projects.
2. Creative workflow management
2.1. Manage multiple content creation projects from concept to distribution of final content.
2.2. Assign creative work to Art Directors and Graphic Designers based on skill set and strengths required for each project.
2.3. Meet with MarCom Managers and Editorial Services Manager to discuss new campaigns or creative content and to determine current and future workload based on the various teams' needs.
3. Web governance, Sitecore quality assurance, and content development
3.1. Ensure all new content uploaded by the Creative Services Team in Sitecore
for slb.com adheres to standards and guidelines for consistency, branding, and messaging.
3.2 Coordinate additional training in Sitecore as needed.
4. Personnel and training
4.1. Lead, manage, and develop the Creative Services Team.
4.1.1. Maintain personnel plan with training, development, and succession.
4.1.2. Manage self and reports, as per the SLP-3 process.
4.1.3. Provide career development opportunities for Creative Services Team by identifying areas of potential growth.
4.1.4. Create career path scenarios for Creative Services Team to advance their career within the Marketing Communications team and beyond.
4.2. Develop Creative Services Team skills through training in new trends and content marketing opportunities for web, social media, storytelling, and thought leadership content.
4.3. Mentor designers, monitoring and guiding their efforts. Inspire creativity and innovative thinking with a focus on the final objective-creating thoughtful, engaging content and marketing campaigns.
4.4. Mentor Creative Team to repurpose and repackage existing and new content into engaging content pieces.
4.4. Mentor and help guide the development of Designers' marketing knowledge. Attend/support all MarCom team training.
4.5. Hire additional designers, as per required based on resource requirements.
4.5.1. Review qualifications of potential candidates to interview.
4.5.2. Conduct interviews and analyze candidates based upon their educational qualification, experience, and area of expertise.
4.5.3. Select designers and assist HR from identifying new resources through to the onboarding process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in graphic design, marketing, advertising or equivalent preferred;
- 7+ years of editorial and marketing communications experience. Industry experience preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud preferred. Will also consider a candidate with strong design skills or equivalent experience that has developed an appreciation for the elements of design in a marketing environment;
- Some experience with Sitecore or other content management system a plus as well as with Workfront or similar project management system;
- Candidate should possess a keen attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and be highly motivated to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Candidate should be able to communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders, work with technology and technical people, handle multiple projects from start to finish, and meet stringent deadlines.
- Candidate should also be a coach and a leader who is a team player and who can inspire others to the same. Must inspire creative thinking but still be a strong advocate for adherence to brand guidelines.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.